- Driving licence requirements applied to light electric vehicles
- Light electric vehicles or devices to assist or replace walking: no driving licence is required by law. You should, however, observe any age, weight and height restrictions specified for the device by the manufacturer.
- Category L1e-A motorised bicycles (maximum speed 25 km/h): no licence required.
- Category L1e-B mopeds (maximum design speed 25 km/h): no licence required; age limit 15 years.
- Category L1e-B bicycles (speed exceeding 25 km/h, but under 45 km/h): moped driving licence required, except for a person who turned 15 before 1 January 2000.
- Click here to read more about electric vehicles
Click here to read more about electric vehicles (External link)